- There are now over 3,000 different registered varieties of cultivated Tulips.
- Every year billions of Tulips are cultivated, a majority of which are grown and exported from Holland.
- Historically, Europe considered Tulips as the symbol of the Ottoman Empire.
- Tulips grow wild over a great territory in Asia Minor through Siberia to China.
- Tulips were first cultivated and hybridized by the Turks of the Ottoman Empire.
- Tulips symbolize imagination, dreaminess, perfect lover and a declaration of love.
- Fresh out of onions? Use your Tulip bulbs instead! Tulip bulbs are a good replacement for onions in cooking.
The Inner Tulip
Each year, in our front yard, the same and only one red tulip comes back to life! Poor lonely thing! It’s only pals are daffies, but they’ve already bid farewell. Must plant some tulip bulbs for next spring! Check out tulips from Holland. Other facts: